We all burn out, says Jim and Sam, so be here now. The melodic duet, the simple and elegant production aesthetic, and the dark lyrical bent all contribute to a bittersweet sense of appreciating the moment.
The acoustic drums, and the folk-style guitar, and a buttery electric bass riff come together to support a minimalist sort of roots-pop, that forays into jazz-inflected territory for the chorus movements. The sense of space, and of emotional resolution, is stunning. In light of the recent fiery summer on the west coast, this statement about the sanctity and impermanence of life is apropos.
Los Angeles-based duo Jim and Sam will release their Nettwerk debut Yeah Whatever Young Forever on December 28th, 2018. The following weekend, they’ll join William Fitzsimmons on his “Mission Bell North American Tour 2019,” which starts Sunday, January 6th in Pittsburgh. This song is featured on our Roots Collection playlist.
Jim and Sam Tour Dates (supporting William Fitzsimmons):
- Sun, Jan 6 Pittsburgh, PA @ Club Cafe
- Tue, Jan 8 Lakewood, OH @ The Winchester Music Tavern
- Wed, Jan 9 Ann Arbor, MI @ The Ark
- Fri, Jan 11 Indianapolis, IN @ The Hi-Fi
- Sat, Jan 12 Chicago, IL @ Old Town School of Folk Music
- Sun, Jan 13 Milwaukee, WI @ The Back Room at Colectivo
- Tue, Jan 15 Minneapolis, MN @ Cedar Cultural Center
- Thur, Jan 17 Denver, CO @ The Soiled Dove Underground
- Fri, Jan 18 Fort Collins, CO @ Magic Rat Live Music - The Elizabeth Hotel
- Sat, Feb 2 Austin, TX @ Cactus Café
- Sun, Feb 3 Houston, TX @ Continental Club
- Mon, Feb 4 Dallas, TX @ Sons of Hermann Hall
- Wed, Feb 6 Kansas City, MO @ recordBar
- Fri, Feb 8 St. Louis, MO @ Old Rock House
- Sat, Feb 9 Newport, KY @ Southgate House Revival
- Sun, Feb 10 Columbus, OH @ Woodlands Tavern
- Tue, Feb 12 Toronto, ON @ Longboat Hall